Northern Strands Saskatoon location now offers hand signal training in Saskatchewan for boom equipment operation to complement our 1 Day Crosby Rigging Course. Upon request, your employees will be given a copy of the Newberry Handbook for Riggers, and instructed on the hand signals therein at the end of the Crosby Rigging Course.
For more information on Rigging and Hand Signal Training: http://www.northernstrands.com/crosby-rigging.aspx
Northern Strands has now added a Tugger Safety Training course to it's growing list of available courses.
The Northern Strands Tugger Safety Training course was developed to assist employers in complying with the above legislation and to address a seemingly high incident rate in the mining industry that relates to general tugger operation. The aim of the course is to give students the information they need to properly inspect and operate a tugger as well as to try and change the climate of complacency that seems to have engulfed these extremely powerful and potentially hazardous machines.
Some concepts discussed in the Tugger Safety Training are:
- Proper anchoring techniques for different substrata Anchorage pull testing procedures
- Tugger inspection criteria Effective communication guidelines
- The duties of operators and designated signallers
- The OH&S Regulations pertaining to tugger and winch use in Saskatchewan.
- Important rigging concepts will be reviewed as tugger operation and rigging go hand in hand.
Northern Strands is able to accommodate this training seminar on-site, provided a suitable work area is available, or at one of Northern Strands' facilities.
Contact us at 306.242.7073 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.